The Adults’ Improver Group paddles on the River Tone every Tuesday throughout the year.
These are ideal sessions for adults to improve their paddling skills in a safe environment with our coaches and experienced paddlers. Children can be included if they are paddling with their parent/carer.
The Youth Improver Group paddles on the River Tone every Wednesday throughout the year.
These are ideal sessions for children (8+yrs) to improve their paddling skills in a safe environment with our coaches and experienced paddlers. If parents wish to paddle with their children then they can tag along at the additional family member rate.
Please contact us to arrange either a start date or a taster session.
Cost: current membership fees
Time: 6.15pm to 8pm (arrive early to gather kit etc. and be ready to paddle by 6.30pm)
Location: Taunton Canoe Club, Priory Bridge Road, TA1 1AP (in front of tall Viridor building)
- to register as a full or temporary member online (contact us for the link).
- to pay online by bank transfer (details included when you register),
- to wear wetsuit or old clothes (preferably not cotton),
- to wear wetsuit boots or old trainers (not crocs or flipflops)
- bring a towel and change of clothes
All equipment is provided.
As members, you will have other opportunities to paddle. E.g. Coaching and Rolling sessions at the pool for subsidised member’s rate; Winters Farm weekend with beginner slalom and polo on the lake; other suitable dates on the calendar.